Hey there! My name’s Samuel.
I’m a big believer in constantly learning new things and applying them to improve myself or overcome obstacles I’m facing.
I’m interested in A LOT of different things.
Here’s some of the books I’ve read over the years to give you an idea:
In my spare time you can either find me in the gym, at a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, eating out with friends or on a hike with my girlfriend.
What I’ve worked on
I’ve been lucky enough to work with two award-winning marketing agencies based in Sydney: Prosperity Media and Web Profits.
Working side by side with some of the best and brightest in the industry has allowed me to learn A LOT over the years.
I’ve gained the most formal experience in SEO and content marketing.
I’ve learnt how to create content that not only ranks well but contributes to the revenue goals of the business.
Outside of that I’ve built and experimented different ideas to expose myself to different channels e.g. paid social, email marketing, Google Ads, etc.
Some of these experiments included:
- An e-commerce skincare brand
- A weekly newsletter subscription focused on e-commerce news and trends
- A paid newsletter subscription that values businesses each week (still working on)
In early 2020 I invested in the Kopywriting Kourse by Neville Medhora (highly recommend it).
The course helped me level up my copywriting skills which I then used to write cold emails.
Big whoop right?
Here’s where it gets interesting. In July I cold emailed two businesses to see if they were interested in being acquired by a VC firm I was working with.
Both emails resulted in the founders meeting with the VC firm who both ended up being acquired for millions.
Side note: I also completed my Bachelor of Business (Marketing) at UTS in July 2020.
Random facts about me
- I'm a Chelsea supporter
- For nearly 10 years I didn't eat sugar
- I've meditated for 67+ hours
- My favourite cities are Ibiza, Amsterdam, Mykonos and Queenstown
- I used to play Call of Duty professionally in high school
- I like music alot. I've listened to over 300,000 minutes of music on Spotify since 2015
- Some artists I've seen live: Drake, Travis Scott, The Weeknd, J.Cole, Tyler the Creator, Childish Gambino
- Both of my parents were born in Mauritius